Labels

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

[Album Review/Impression x 2] Neru's 'Sekai Seifuku' and ClariS ' Second Story'

Wheee!
Impulse buying is really something I need to control, but for this two, I'm glad I did impulsive buying--- actually, I did enjoy my impulsive buying most of the time. *coughs* So, as you can see from the picture, I finally got my hands on two albums a regular first press copy of ClariS' Second Story and first press copy of Neru's Sekai Seifuku!

Since it's two on a go and I'm too lazy, this review might be short. I'm going to add a new tag for my album reviews, I guess... Also some artists tag~



It's Leo-nii and Tsujiiii

My copy of Second Story from CDJapan have an extra of a poster of Clara and Alice that I haven't put on wall yet (Still don't know where could be better!). It has the illustration that was available as an alternate cover on the limited edition one, and it's illustrated by Aoki Ume! Perfect combination, I wish I could put it on wall soon <3

How about my copy of Sekai Seifuku? All first press editions of Sekai Seifuku came with a (random) mousepad either illustrated by Shidu or Ryuusee based on the songs of the album, and a (random) metal strap--- either of Tsuji or Azuma, the characters of Neru's song 'How to Sekai Seifuku'. 

And as you can see from the picture, I ends up getting Shounen Shoujo Chameleon Symptom mousepad (illustrated by Ryuusee) and Tsuji strap. Far from what I wanted of a Shidu illustrated mousepad and Azuma strap AZUMA IS MAI WAIFU but I'm fine with it. But then, if anyone want to trade their Azuma for a Tsuji *COUGHS*

Enough with the bonuses! How was these two albums? Besides being really different since it came from 2 totally different artistes....  

Psst! I also included CDJapan link if you want to buy it!

This is how they looked like!
First, let's get into:


I didn't buy the limited edition version so I didn't get extra bonuses and DVD. I really love ClariS and been wanting to buy their first album, but I can't... and I finally got the chance to get their second. I will try getting the first one later, and maybe even their fan-book! /o/

Before the songs, let's get into the appearance. I love the cover of the album, it's really sweet. Literally sweet since it's actually a picture of a candy house--- well way to go, obvious Aya.  I think the theme of 'sweet and cute' really fits ClariS, so it's really nice to see the theme of the album is that. Okay, let's get going.

The songs on the album was really good. All of them really suited ClariS' voices, and they sang really well! The songs are really cute, and there wasn't really anything I didn't like. 

However, I'm not going to sugar coat everything--- I feel like the songs are 'good' and 'not bad' but I realized most of them didn't leave too much impression, due to almost all of them being similarly made--- in a sweetly cute way. Maybe it's just me... but Reunion which was previously released on the single was the one contained most impression. But! I do enjoyed Diary and Rainy Day a lot, too, and they're new songs for this album.

Final impression / Suggestions:
I think it would be nice if ClariS started singing more kind of songs than the ones in the album. Casual listeners should give it a try, it's really fun to hear this album. Especially if you're in love, since most ClariS songs are cute love songs, anyway.

Top recommended 5
Diary, Rainy Day, Reunion, With You, Luminous

That's creepy. But on the same time, awesome. Neru-san ILU

Onto the second one!


Neru is a Vocaloid composer who mainly used Kagamine twins (at least in this album he only used those twins), and his songs are mostly rock-kind of music. Neru didn't really connect his songs, but it's fun to theorize about them... I really enjoyed his songs after my friends pointed out that his songs are good, and been wanting to buy this, and I finally did!

The cover was surprisingly.... unique in a good way. The picture with Azuma and Tsuji wasn't the cover, but the back cover. And the actual cover, the one in the bootleg, only have silhouette of Azuma and Tsuji. Quite confusing, but gives some sort of different vibe. 

The booklet containing the songs doesn't have much beside lyrics, and you're supposed to read it using Japanese way of reading books--- it's something like a manga? And on the middle of the booklets that have lyrics... please look at that picture above. It's cool yet creepy. The end of the booklet itself is the text that was on the PV of 'How to Sekai Seifuku'.

Aanyways. The songs itself, yes! They were really good, but I have heard them before.... let's just say 'somewhere', but they were still amazing. I enjoyed most of the songs, but I think I didn't enjoy some of the songs--- Overslept for example, I think it's lacking. But when they're godly, it's godly. How to Sekai Seifuku was amazing.

Neru's tuning on the Kagamines is really good too. There has not been any fitting covers of How to Sekai Seifuku as for now, that might explains how fitting are Neru's songs with his tuning of Vocaloids. I like how Enmei Chiryou and Lost One no Goukoku was tuned.

So?

Final Impression / Suggestions:
It's a good album, but I think Neru's song won't really be catchy for first listeners of Vocaloid. However, if you liked Vocaloid rock songs with Kagamine twins, this album is right for you.

Top recommended 5:
Lost One no Goukoku, Enmei Chiryou, Kanashimi no Nami ni Oboreru, Re-Education, How to Sekai Seifuku

clearly biased, aya?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts