Labels

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

[Album Impression/Review] Mekaku City Records (Limited Edition with DVD)

Lookin' good!

After some days of being anxious on waiting for this to come, I finally got my hands on the second album of Jin and his Kagerou Project, Mekaku City Records!

*ahem* An introduction should be relevant, eh? Mekaku City Records is the second and final album for the Kagerou Project. Yes, this is the final album for Kagerou Project. It's a bit sad to let go of this series, personally, but the novel and manga didn't end yet, and there'll even be an anime, so we still got much to go!

Onto the review!


The contents.
The limited edition box itself includes a CD, DVD, a limited edition booklet, an an empty box with the scenery of Mekaku City Days--- you can replace the empty box with Mekaku City Days' box if you want to! The limited edition box isn't made of metal, by the way-- it's just plastic that looked like metal, so you might not want to force it too much ^^;;

The box of the CD-DVD itself have only our 'Red Hero-neechan' Ayano on the cover. Nothing much special from how the CD-DVD looked like--- it's quite similar with Mekaku City Days, except with red and black color combination instead of black and white.

Whoa, it's so glossy.
Of course, that wasn't a sun--- that was just the reflection of the flash.
And then, before getting into the songs, let's look at the booklet first! The booklet's cover is pretty much like that--- and it contains special guest illustrations (ranging from Pixiv artists to famous other artists), character profiles, Jin's commentary, music sheets for Children Record and Lost Time Memory, short manga by Satou Mahiro for Mary no Kakuu Sekai, announcement for the anime title and.... there is even some pictures of Jin during his recording of this album if you're one of his fangirls like I am ^^;;

There are total of 13 tracks in this album, 2 of them were narrated instrumental. Those two narrated instrumental are 'Summer Endroll' narrated by the character Ene (CV: Asumi Kana) and 'Crying Prologue' narrated by the character Mary (CV: Hanazawa Kana). 

There are 4 songs on the album that had the PV uploaded to Nicodouga before--- Children Record, Yobanashi Deceive, Lost Time Memory and Ayano no Koufuku Riron. The others were pretty much new (except Gunjou Rain which was previously on the Children Record single), and you can see the complete track list here.

Satou Mahiro's illustration, featuring Ene and Takane!
My personal favorite out of the album is obviously Yuukei Yesterday and Outer Science. No, not only because of HaruTaka and Dark Konoha, but I find them really catchy--- though of course, other songs are really catchy too! Psst, here wishing we'll be getting PV for Yuukei Yesterday, as Jin mentioned on the namahousou that he'll be releasing a song from this album with Wannyannpuu's PV on Nico!

The PV DVD itself contains PV for Children Record, Yobanashi Deceive, Lost Time Memory, Ayano no Koufuku Riron, and a medley for the PVs called 'Mekaku City Records'. This medley is once again narrated by Hanazawa Kana, the voice actress for Mary. Also, there are an announcement on Jin's next project at the end of the Mekaku City Records medley! I wonder what will be of his second grand project--- I personally think I couldn't move on from Kagerou Project ;_;

Final impression of this album: I like how we see Jin and Shidu improved a lot from the first album-- Jin with his music and Shidu with his illustration. This is definitely a must-buy for Kagerou Project fans. Even if you're not into Kagerou Project, this album have very good songs--- and be sure to check them out! 

Now I'm waiting for my copy of the third novel to arrive... I can't read much but I'll be posting interesting things I could read on my tumblr, I guess~

6 comments:

  1. hi!! I just read your post and that's made me so jealous >3<
    where did you order the album? and oh yeah...are you live in Indonesia?

    btw I am a-nyan xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I live in Indonesia.

      I ordered the album from CDJapan. It was my birthday gift, somehow.... though my birthday is actually on July, coughs.

      Delete
  2. waa....
    if that so.. kita pakai baha aja ya...

    sebenernya aku mau order tapi ngga tahu harus order dimana..
    ada saran?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm how did you get the limited edition CD? aaawww now I really want it >3<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Di CDJapan terakhir kali masih ada kok. Pesen aja disana. Biayanya agak mahal, tapi itu udah paling terpercaya ^^;;

      Delete

Popular Posts