Labels

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Midori no Hibi (re-reading) review [contains spoilers]


Recently, I have been digging around my manga collection and re-read them, but one stood among the others.

That is, Midori no Hibi, or 'Midori's Days' as it was localized.

Midori no Hibi wasn't my top favorite back then--- but now that I re-read it, it was wonderful. Though I skip around for my favorite chapters and read them not in order, I found Midori no Hibi highly enjoyable. I even claimed this as one of the best in any harem manga series.

Ah, that's right, where was we? A synopsis might help. Midori no Hibi tells the story of Sawamura Seiji, a delinquent high school boy who desires for a girlfriend. One day, a girl named Kasugano Midori appeared as his right hand, and claimed that she had fell in love with Seiji for a long time.

Midori no Hibi started just like a typical harem love comedy, and it have different problems or even character focus in every chapter. The plot have the typical--- Seiji built flags with him being too dense to know that he have made girls (and even a guy!) all fell in love with him. However, the jokes were all enjoyable, though can be perverted at times. Despite having a shallow reason on being dense, Seiji didn't tickle my anger for being too dense--- instead, his tsundere manners to Midori just made it somehow hilarious.

Things to do on this chapter: Lie down, try not to cry, cry a lot.

Most of the character were well-written, and they made up the whole story nicely. They are all lovable. Every character have their own chance to shine thanks to the series itself focusing on different problems nearly every chapters, and developed nicely on the last book. Each decided their own paths in life, even the gag male friend character, even if they were characters who fell for Seiji but got rejected for Midori.

If you can't guess; re-reading the last book made up my mind to review this, even though this review is entirely biased to my opinion. Every time I read the scene when Midori said goodbye to Seiji, it always made me feel like crying.

But thankfully, Midori no Hibi got a wonderful happy ending, with a really good message tangled with it.

Overall, I gave this series 10 out of 10.

P.S:

  • I haven't watched the anime, and I won't. The manga is wonderful as it is, and I don't want to ruin my experience with the anime especially that some of my favorite characters such as Lucy and Nao didn't make appearance.
  • I've also been reading other manga from Inoue Kazurou, titled 'Magical Iroha' (Mahou no Iroha). It was fairly good, even though it's not as wonderful as Midori no Hibi. I think I should start on Ai Kora really soon, since I heard it was even better than Midori, and from the same author. I really like Inoue Kazurou's style of drama and how he wrapped endings, so I want to read more from him.
  • If you live in Indonesia, or anywhere in the world which got Midori no Hibi licensed---- try to buy it instead of relying on mangascan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts