Labels

Thursday, September 20, 2012

How Kokoro Connect Saved Me from Sudden Depression


I wasn't planning to pick this anime at first. However, Fare keep on convincing me it's good, and I finally gave in and watched this series. Too bad a certain problem with the seiyuus drops the rating, however, this anime really have reminds me of lots of important things. Warning: Might contains some spoilers.



There was once during my time of depression that I thought I was a worthless person. I was scared that I would hurt the others so easily because of my selfishness, so I decides to stay away from the others I can't really 'fool' so easily like real-life friends. I skipped school, coming home with the intention to hurt myself as a self punishment. However, I suddenly thought of this anime, at first what came into my mind is what Fujishima said in the eighth episode, about 'Do you want to make something happen, or just wait just because you don't want to hurt them? I think, people are supposed to hurt each other, anyway'

Then I realized something important. I do not want to hurt others, but what if it would hurt the others and made me far away from them?




There was also in the tenth episode while Inaba confessed that she want to keep the friendship between her and Iori by forgetting her feelings to Taichi. Sure, I wasn't really in that kind of situation before. However, what Iori said, along the lines of 'Stop saying 'someone like me'!', reminds me that what Iori said might be something others would like to say to me too, especially people who loves me. I decides to talk with Fare about this and then I also watched the eleventh episode.

That's where I realized that I was overthinking this. 


Afterwards, I began to climb out of my depression, which was probably triggered by my period too.Also, judging from one scene Inaba said, maybe, just maybe, later episodes may be related to what are making me feel depressed too, and it might helps me if I got depressed again.

I'm not good writing things like this, but I am very thankful of this anime. I'm really glad I picked out this anime, as I could relate to the characters, too. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts