Labels

Monday, January 30, 2012

Dreaming of a Dollfie Musume

Picture (c) 那月ゆう @ Pixiv.
Miku is playing with her cute doll. I want one too!
(Not really, I don't really wish for a Miku dollfie)

One of my current long-term wishes is to own a Dollfie Dream. Yes, those over-expensive ball-jointed dolls.
I know it's pretty rare for Indonesians to own Dollfie Dreams, and it'll be tough getting the clothes, but hey, I can't resist it's beauty. I mean, look at that beautiful face. The fact that they are more flexible than normal figurines are just add more to it. I mean, dressing them up seems really fun! As a girl that's not very pretty, I think it'll be a good fashion reliever (?).

Dollfie Dream Yui Hirasawa.
Quite my favorite character but her face didn't really amaze me
(thanks God, since she must be hella expensive)
I always wishes to own my favorite character's custom Dollfie (It's my dream to make a custom of Yuuko from Bakatest or my OCs), but I decided to gave up in that idea when my friends said it'll be too impossible for a high school student without good part time job like me. 

So I decided to gave up on the idea to own a Dollfie Dream since it'll be pointless if I owned a character I don't like (Too bad Yui, who's my favorite character in K-On, have a dollfie face that doesn't tickle my interest), but my dear friend Devas said it'll be cheaper for me to own the basic character models then modify them. At first I was like 'Meh...', but then he pointed me to the basic character model. Then I saw the beauty below. 

Dollfie Dream Character Standard Model Aoi.
Oh boy, Aya's fetish on brown-haired girls strikes again.
Yes, the standard model Aoi.

When I saw her, what first came into my mind is my lovely Roleplay OC of AniHogwarts that I treated as my own daughter and sometimes as a plot device, Athena Adaire. Aoi's image is what I thought Athena would be in Dollfie form, and I immediately fell in love. I think it'll be cheaper if I just buy the lovely Aoi and gave her new wig and a new eyes to modify her into Athena.

But having Aoi herself as Aoi is not a bad idea either. I also love Aoi's natural looks without any modification. I'm just the kind to fell in love every fictionally cute brunette girls.


Athena Adaire by Benedict Lofferdo of AH.
Please say so if you want your art to be removed so I will remove it ^^

But if I want Aoi as Athena 'Aoi' Adaire, what I need is green colored eyes and a wig with same color but with messier hairstyle and mini-hair clips. Also casual clothes with lots of frills (Because I described Athena's daily outfits like that) and of course, a Ravenclaw Hogwarts uniform! I may learn to knit later just to make that one.

All of those will require lots of money and time so for the time being, let's just save for the actual doll and keep her as Aoi if I owned it and doesn't have enough time and money to turn her into Athena Adaire ^^;;


She's going to be my first <3
(Except if they made Yuuko or Yukari or Shinobu one officially when I have money.)
I know I'm probably wasting money if I bought this. I'm sorry if I once said something ironic regarding money since I end up realizing I was doing it with my hobby too ^^;; . But well... it's something I really want,  and some people kept convincing me, so I guess it'll be fine. But I'll be doing my best on my other subjects too, and make the best of being a Dollfie owner, so that it's not really a waste.

I have tried to count my pocket money every week and realizes that it'll need at least 3 years to get the lovely Aoi. But I'll be doing my best as usual.

And yep... Since I got my Hideyoshi nendoroid by now, I won't be buying another nendoroid unless if I really want to, to save for the Dollfie Dream. Probably if I have some extra I'll go for Sena, Kyouko and Panty nendoroids, but I don't think I will have enough money.

P.S: If you realizes Athena's similarity to a certain anime character I mentioned once, you're not absolutely wrong. AniHogwarts allows visualization/face claim/PB, and since I can't really draw and color nicely, I used my favorite female character in my favorite anime to picture Athena 'w')b Probably will use Aoi now as her visualization in other forums....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts