Labels

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

[Album Impression/Review] Shuuen Re:Write (Limited Edition)

B-KO AND A-YA LOOKS SO COOL.
And sorry, but I'm not interested in Yanderes--- *stabbed*
At the very last, I got my hands on this album. Limited edition of Shuuen Re:Write by 150p! I've written an impression on Figure.FM too, but I want to get more detailed here.

Shuuen Re:Write is the major album of the 'Shuuen no Shiori Project' series by Suzumu and 150p. Previously, there was an album called 'Re: Houkago Shuuen Game' for this series, but that was no more than a doujin album. I think Shuuen's success led to Suzumu and 150P signing a contract with Victor Entertaiment which resulted in this major album.....

So, onto the review/impression, shall we~



Madoka not included. She's here to observe the suffering Homos of Demise.

My first impression--- It's quite thick, even thicker than Mekaku City Days with it's cover on, and it doesn't have a hard cover, but it's structure actually made it easier to take the CDs than with cover. It's hard to explain in English, sorry ^^;;  But I personally think it's cool, and it's easier to take the CD to listen, but I should be careful not to drop the CD case....

What amazed me the most is the CD disc's design. Especially the main CD with all the songs, it was really cool with this Roman numbers written like a clock! I think it's cool and matches with Shuuen Project's theme.

A sneak peek on an illustration of the yanhomo and his one true love.

Beside the CDs, (of course) it comes with two booklets, the regular (a small info on the characters and lyrics and illustrations) and the limited edition one (containing short information of what's inside the DVD and more detailed info on characters). Hold your breathe guys, there's no information regarding real names for any of the characters.. (too bad...)

Ah, let's get into the songs!

"Look, look, I voiced this A-ya guy!"
Yeah, Miku, we knew that, please get off for a while? ^^;;
In this album, there's more than 20 tracks, but most of the tracks were narrated instrumental tracks (The narrated instrumental tracks were voiced by Aizawa Mai and Kamiya Hiroshi, if you're curious).

Aside from songs on the original Re: Houkago Shuuen Game (Shuuen no Shiori, Kodoku no Kakurenbo, Kanzen Hanzai Love Letter, Nisemono Chuuihou, Sarumane Isu Tori Game and Heibon na Nichijou) and the instrumental tracks, there's some new songs, like Re: Missed Call and Re: Parallel Love Line. There even some cheery songs such as Makeinu Shijou Shugi and Ryouki-teki High School Life. You could see the complete track list here. Also, there's a Secret Track, but it's an instrumental with narration by 150p

Also, the songs were sang by the Vocaloids that represented each characters. For your information, Hatsune Miku represented/voiced A-ya, Kagamine Rin represented B-ko, GUMI represented C-ta, and MAYU represented D-ne. So in this album, Kagamine Rin sang Nisemono Chuuihou, and GUMI sang Kanzen Hanzai Love Letter, etc. IA seems to represented a 'Narrator' to the story.

The rearrangement of the songs were pretty good. However, being a devoted Vocaloid IA fan, I still liked the original version better for some songs. Makeinu Shijou Shugi however, sounds really good in Miku and GUMI's voice more than IA version uploaded to Nicodouga... Miku sounds best on cheery songs like it so I really liked it ^0^

The new songs were pretty catchy, but I felt some (the Re: songs) is somehow repetitive. I guess it's on purpose, as the Re: songs were supposed to be pair songs.

Onto the rearrangement and PV DVD!

B-koooooooo

As I said before, the limited edition have extra booklet. Let's skip that. 

The rearrangement CD, called 'Another Answer' (which was pretty cool with that OWATA book symbols on it) contains Suzumu's instrumental rearranges of Kodoku no Kakurenbo, Sarumane Isu Tori Game and Shuuen no Shiori. There was small narration too on the start and the end, which was narrated by two utaites, Soraru and Lon. However, they didn't really sing anything on this.... Too bad...

There are not much differences in the PVs, except for Kodoku no Kakurenbo, which undergoes a total remake. Both Kanzen Hanzai Love Letter & Sarumane Isu Tori Game have flashbacks of the Kodoku (for Kanzen) and Nisemono (for Sarumane) PVs now. Arikitari Heroes and Nisemono Chuuihou seemingly to be the ones staying the same.

My final impression of this album? It's amazing, cool, and I love it!

I think it's really worth it if you really love Shuuen no Shiori (like me). I really enjoyed it, though due to some reason I can't get in depth with it as I was with Mekaku City Days of Kagerou Project. At the very least, buy the non-limited edition version, since it's so good, and it's better if you could support 150P!

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect, thank you, I love Shuuen no Shiori, I ordered ^^

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts