Labels

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tiger&Bunny the Beginning @ JImpact 2013


After the midterm exams have finished, now I am free from studying! Then, as a form of refreshment at the end of the week, I decided to go with my brother (who happened to love T&B too) to watch Tiger&Bunny The Beginning movie at JImpact just today.

JImpact is a Japanese anime movie / concert-recording-showing festival at Plaza Senayan, Jakarta. This year's JImpact is the first one. Besides the movie, if you got the questioner filled, you will got some goodie bags too. (But really, they weren't much besides some products and a tabloid about Japan. I was expecting T&B merches, but...)

*ahem* The movie I decided to watch is Tiger&Bunny. Actually, I have forgotten some of the plot of Tiger&Bunny already, but I did remember most of it, and that I enjoyed and loved it, and I heard The Beginning was some sort of recap. That's why I decided to watch it, also to restore my love for the series!

Here comes my impression for the movie! (Might contains spoilers!)


Tiger&Bunny the Beginning was more like a re-telling or even a movie re-make of the series than a recap. With added new scenes, it covered the two first episodes with one new case. I thought recap will be boring, but it ends up being a really interesting story! Sure, they didn't cover Barnaby's past just yet, and they didn't focus much on some other characters, but it was still interesting and even more enjoyable than just a plain recap. The humor and the characters was what really the shining point of this movie.

I enjoyed most of the movie, but what I'm disappointed is the solution of the criminal that ended the movie, I wished it was more in the line of all the heroes teaming up, but due to the criminal's power, I do know it's not possible....

Also, I really like the Indonesian subtitles for it. They worked on it well, as it seems really natural in Indonesian (Bunny-chan to Bunny Cilik!), without feeling anything weird. I love it!

I would rate the movie 9 out of 10, personally. I wish they would bring the second movie, 'the Rising' to Indonesia too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts