Labels

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Kagerou Daze Anthology UPPER (+ Kagerou Daze Official Visual Fanbook)


A package have just arrived at my house. Yes, it's the Official Visual Fanbook of Kagerou Project and its UPPER Anthology!



Official Visual Fanbook is quite obvious from the name, and what it got is not much new stuffs but official stuffs, but how about the anthology? UPPER is basically a happy and cheerful anthology (collection of comics from different guest artists) of Kagerou Project. It contains lots of amusing guest comics of Kagerou Project.

What I find amusing is most of the comics were heavy-hinters of KanoKido and SetoMary, and maybe ShinEne too. Wannyanpuu's comic have Momo asking Mary 'You really likes Seto, aren't you, Mary', and Amatsuki Hiyo's comic has Kano blushing over Kido giving him cookies and saying that the only one who can understands him is Kido--- so yes! I'm happy over it! KanoKido and SetoMary is bunch of riajuus, poor Kisaragi ('jomblo') siblings.

And I wonder why people said that Kido isn't the most moe girl in Mekaku City.
I can only understand around 70% of it, but I'm really glad I bought it. After all, I could see a beautiful Kido and KanoKido semi-canon hints.So far I have only skimmed the anthology comics, but I like the one where Kido hides cats in her hoodie (Nekokakushi Code by Sato Mahiro) and the one where Ene got fat and Shintarou got Ene to diet (Digital Diet by Komesuke).

....Okay, if you bought it and got confused on the stories since you don't know Japanese, this tumblr user over here summarized the stories. It helped me... like around 55% of it. (Yeah, I'm a lazy reader. Sobs.)

Ahh, that's right--- If you're expecting Konoha and Hibiya on this, maybe due to spoilers, they only appeared on Shidu's comic and none of the other comics (Except Sayuki's comic where they made cameo)...... They aren't even in character introduction.

And now....A short review on the official visual fanbook. It is pretty good, but if you got tired of official stuffs and doesn't have much money, I won't recommend getting it. Unless you want the Kano papercraft (I believe the first-press edition with Ene clearfile which I got is sold out....). But it's still a must-get for KagePro fans!

Now I wish I could get DOWNER, since UPPER amused me too much.... I want an angsty KanoKidoSeto childhood comic.

4 comments:

Popular Posts